The ERB Steer Group is established by Devon & Plymouth Chamber of Commerce (DPCC), in collaboration with Somerset Chamber of Commerce (SCC) as designated owners of the Heart of the South West Local Skills Improvement Plan (LSIP).
The ERB Steer Group is established to support in the delivery of the LSIP in the Heart of the South West region, by:
- Representing the employer voice and being the official conduit for post-16 skills recommendations to providers of adult skills training.
- Overseeing the implementation of the LSIP Roadmap to ensure employers’ interest and engagement in the LSIP development process translates to a significant degree of influence as the Plan is taken forward.
- Promoting and fostering meaningful input to the ongoing LSIP development process, including through stakeholder engagements.
- Monitoring the LSIP Action Plan whilst also horizon scanning for new priorities, emerging skills gaps and key sectors in the region.
- Supporting the LSIP team with the development of annual reports to Department of Education and to help determine content and focus for the next stage of LSIP after March 2025.
Meet our Steer Group
Helen Hart, LSIP Project Executive (Chair)
Emma Rawlings, Somerset Chamber of Commerce
Scott Jenkins, Somerset Chamber of Commerce
AJ Eaton, representing GCAP
Paul Singer, representing Maritime SW UK
Karen Woodward, representing Engineering UK
Ruth Lambert, representing FSB Somerset
Carmen Hanif, representing FSB Devon
Toby Parkins, representing Tech SW
Gemma Selley, representing PMG
Andrew Hanson, representing Somerset EPB
Corinne Matthews, representing LEP Aerospace board